Theme Song and Preface
The "Theme Song" has nothing to do with the story except that they both have the same title.
The following story is mostly true.
Well, when I say, "story," I mean "an episodic retelling of a some isolated but related events that occurred when I was much younger."
And when I say, "mostly true," I mean that all the major events and most of the minor events are true, with relatively few embellishments. Only one of the "journal entries" is wholly fictional. Where possible, I have tried to quote people as accurately as my admittedly flawed memory allows (for example, the quote in the fourth paragraph from the end is quoted absolutely verbatim, I have no doubt).
I have taken some license by condensing some conversations in order to make the story shorter and more economical. Wherever that has happened, I have tried to remain true to the substance of what was said.
I have taken further license in that I have never kept a journal (unless you count the blog that I started in April 2008). The form just seemed to make sense given that there is no actual plot or conflict, just a series of vignettes arising from a situation.
And I have taken license with the layout of this blog page, in that it reads from top to bottom (which should really be reading in reverse in blog terms, because blogs ordinarily put the oldest entry on the bottom and the newest one on the top).
I don't think that anything on this page has any value except as entertainment.
Please forgive me these sins.
All names have been changed except my own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a sweet, sweet story about nice things happening to nice people and fluffy kittens.
Post a Comment